Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Salford City Council - Record of Decision
I Councillor Barbara Bentham, Lead Member for Environment, Neighbourhoods, Sports and Leisure, in exercise of the powers contained within the City Mayors Register of Executive Functions Delegated to Lead Members do hereby approve the Food Safety and Feed Service Plans for 2023-24 that incorporates a review of the 2022-2023 performance
The reasons are the Food Standards Agency (FSA) requires each Local Authority to produce a Food Service Plan in accordance with the guidelines set out in the Agency’s Framework Agreement on Local Authority Food Law Enforcement (April 2010). The plan must be approved by the authority’s relevant Member.
Options considered and rejected were N/A
The source of funding to meet the requirements of the FSA can be met within existing budgets.
Financial Advice obtained. Yes
Procurement Advice obtained. n/a
HR advice obtained. n/a
Climate Change advice obtained : n/a
The following documents have been used to assist the decision process.
Contact Officer: John Snow, Service Manager , Regulatory Strategy
* This decision is not subject to consideration by another Executive Lead Member /Director
* This decision is urgent and is not subject to call-in, in accordance with the Decision Making Procedure Rules
* The appropriate scrutiny committee to call-in the decision is the Community and Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Panel.
Signed: Councillor Barbara Bentham
Lead Member for Environment, Neighbourhoods, Sports and Leisure
Dated: 22 May 2023
* This decision was published on Monday 22 May 2023
* This decision will come in force at 4.00 p.m. on Tuesday 30 May 2023 unless it is called-in in accordance with the Decision Making Process Rules.
Publication date: 22/05/2023
Date of decision: 22/05/2023
Decided at meeting: 22/05/2023 - Lead Member for Environment and Community Safety Briefing
Effective from: 31/05/2023