Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Salford City Council - Record of Decision
(1) An exception to Contractual Standing Orders in accordance with Paragraph 3.1 as follows:
· There are value for money reasons justifying an exception.
(2) Approve the award of the contract for the Targeted Support Service to Help Young People Engage in Appropriate and Compliant Education, Employment and Training (Connexions) for the period 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021 as detailed in the report dated 6th February 2019.
The service is currently subject to potential budget reductions as part of the City Council’s overall budget savings proposals for 2019/20.
In order to assist with the realisation of the budget saving for this contract over the next 12 months, while maintaining the viability of this service, it is proposed that the provider is given an additional 12-month contract extension, which requires an exception to Contractual Standing Orders.
- Develop a new specification and go out to tender in summer 2019
- Decommission current service at the end of March 2020
The proposed budget saving presents a major risk to the viability and future delivery of the Connexions service. The approval of an additional 12 month contract, in addition to the existing 12 month extension, will help to mitigate this risk.
Children’s Services (core budget), Skills and Work
Tony Hatton, Principal Solicitor, Tel. 0161 219 6323
Chris Mee – Strategic Finance Manager Ext 0434
Procurement Advice obtained from:
Christopher Conway, Procurement Category Manager, Tel 0161 686 6248
FOR DEMOCRATIC SERVICES USE ONLY
* This decision will come in force at 4.00 p.m. on 13 February 2019
Publication date: 06/02/2019
Date of decision: 06/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 06/02/2019 - Procurement Board
Effective from: 14/02/2019