Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Salford City Council - Record of Decision
1. Approve the appointment of Eurovia Infrastructure Limited at a cost of £1,635,231.79 to undertake the SBNI Salford Delivery Package 3 works.
2. Approve the creation of a purchase order to the value of £1,635,231.79 to Eurovia Infrastructure Limited to enable payments to be made to the contractor.
3. Approve the exception to Council Standing Orders to raise Purchase Orders to British Telecom, Electricity North West, United Utilities and Virgin Media as they are specialist services (statutory undertakers) that have the sole authority to carry out work on their own apparatus.
4. Approve the creation of Purchase Orders to British Telecom totalling £255,062.03 to enable payments to carry out utility diversion works.
5. Approve the creation of a Purchase order to the value of £37,809.88 to Electricity North West Diversion to enable payments to carry out utility diversion works.
6. Approve the creation of Purchase Orders to United Utilities totalling £586,017.47 to enable payments to carry out utility diversion works.
7. Approve the creation of a Purchase Order to the value of £12,901.48 to Virgin Media to enable payments to carry out utility diversion works.
8. Delegate authority to the Strategic Director Place in consultation with the S151 officer to amend the Deed of Variation for the existing Grant Funding Agreement (GFA) between Salford City Council, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA)
The source of funding is Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA).
Procurement Advice obtained from Natalia Woszczyk Ext 2220
The following documents have been used to assist the decision process:
· Future Transport Prioritisation, report to GM Local Transport Body, 26th June 2013.
· Future Transport Prioritisation - Governance - report to GMCA, 25 January 2013.
· Greater Manchester Growth and Reform Plan: Transport Strategy and Investment Plan - GMCA, March 2014.
· Report to the City Mayor’s Regeneration Briefing – 13 July 2015
· Salford Bus Lanes – An Overview ( Urban Vision ) - 6th November 2015
· TfGM OBC Draft Appendix B – Schematic Plan from OBC - November 2015
· Urban Vision – Regeneration Panel Presentation – July 2016
· Report to Lead Member for Planning & Sustainable Development – 9th May 2017
· Report to Lead Member for Planning & Sustainable Development – 18th June 2019
· Report to Lead Member for Planning & Sustainable Development – 19th Sep 2019
Contact Officers: Opu Anwar Tel No: Ext 4880 / Simon Cook Tel No: 0161 779 4878
* This decision is not subject to consideration by another Lead Member
Signed: PAUL DENNETT Dated: 28 November 2019
FOR DEMOCRATIC SERVICES USE ONLY
* This decision was published on 28 November 2019
* This decision will come in force at 4.00 p.m. on 5 December 2019 unless it is called-in in accordance with the Decision Making Process Rules.
Publication date: 28/11/2019
Date of decision: 27/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 27/11/2019 - Procurement Board
Effective from: 06/12/2019