Venue: Microsoft Teams Meeting. View directions
Contact: Mike Relph, Senior Democratic Services Advisor
Apologies for absence
Declarations of interest
Items for Decision - Part 1 (Open to the Public)
Salford City Council - Record of Decision
1. The updated proposals for the Gore Street Connection Mayor’s Challenge Fund scheme;
2. The proposed allocation of £195,000 reallocated pinch point funding as Council match funding towards the Gore Street Connection scheme;
3. That the scheme should be procured in accordance with the Council’s Contractual Standing Orders through an existing Framework (as approved at 3rd June 2020 Procurement Board).
4. The delegation of authority to the Strategic Director Place, in consultation with the S151 officer, to submit the Full Business Case (FBC) to the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) for review; and
5. The delegation of authority to the Strategic Director Place, in consultation with the S151 officer, to draft and approve the Grant Funding Agreement (GFA) between Salford City Council, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and the GMCA.
The following key project risks have been identified: -
1. A tendered cost for the scheme is required when submitting a Full Business Case (FBC). Without an FBC approval grant funding will not be approved for construction of the scheme.
2. Subject to the submission/approval of business cases, scheme delivery funding will be awarded on the basis that the Council is able to make a match funding contribution of £195,000. Should this local contribution not be agreed within the Council, this would leave a shortfall which would need to be met from elsewhere in Council budgets. The other alternatives for the council would be to not proceed with delivering the scheme.
3. Interface with third party development on either side of Gore Street and the impact that this could have on scheme delivery and cost.
A breakdown of the proposed funding sources is summarised in the following table followed by further detail on the proposed approach to securing the funding for the scheme.
Mayor’s Challenge Fund (MCF)
The scheme will be seeking a proportion of the required funding from the MCF. In order to access this funding stream, a requirement is to ... view the full decision text for item 3a
Salford City Council - Record of Decision
I Paul Dennett, City Mayor, in exercise of the powers contained within the City Council Constitution do hereby:
1. Notes the contents of this report.
2. Support Salford Rise as the priority project for Salford within the parliamentary
constituency for Salford and Eccles for Levelling Up Funding; and
3. Endorse the briefing of Rebecca Long Bailey MP on the specifics of the Salford
Rise scheme and Levelling Up Funding
The Reasons are:
Recent budget announcements by H.M. Government launched three new investment programmes aimed at supporting local economic growth.
The fund is focussed on capital investment in local infrastructure and is jointly managed by HM Treasury, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government and the Department for Transport. A total of £4billion has been earmarked to the fund for England over the next four years.
‘Salford Rise,’ located within the Innovation District of the Crescent Masterplan, is the priority project within the constituency of Salford and Eccles for submission to the fund.
Options considered and rejected were not to make a submission to the Fund:
Assessment of Risk: Not applicable at this stage
The source of funding is: Not applicable at this stage
Legal Advice obtained: YesNot applicable at this stage
Financial Advice obtained: YesNot applicable at this stage
Procurement Advice obtained: YesNot applicable at this stage
HR Advice obtained: YesNot applicable at this stage
Climate Change Advice obtained: YesNot applicable at this stage
The following documents have been used to assist the decision process:
Crescent Development Framework January 2021
Report to Property/Regen Briefing on 12 April 2021
Contact Officer: Kurt Partington, Head of Development
Tel 0161 794 4913
This decision is not subject to consideration by another Lead Member.
The appropriate scrutiny to call-in the decision is the Growth and Prosperity Scrutiny Panel.
This decision was published on Monday 12 April 2021
This decision will come in force at 4.00 p.m. on Monday 19 April 2021 unless it is called-in in accordance with the Decision Making Process Rules.
Exclusion of the Public
Items for Decision - Part 2 (Closed to the Public)
Any other business