Venue: Council Chamber, Salford Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton. View directions
Contact: Christine Wood, Senior Democratic Services Advisor
To hear an application for a new premises licence for the following premises:
Name of premises: Hooters Restaurant
Address of premises: 3 Capital Quay, Trafford Road, Salford, M50 3WL
Hooters Restaurant - Application form
To grant the application for a licence with conditions consistent with the operating schedule and with additional conditions imposed by the Committee.
Licensable activity granted:
The sale of alcohol :- 09:00-23:30 Monday-Sunday
Late Night refreshments :- 23:00-23:30 Monday-Sunday
Opening Hours :- 09:00-00:00 Monday to Sunday.
In addition to the operating schedule, further conditions proposed by the Applicant were accepted, as set out below:
· The premises’ capacity shall be no more than two times the number of seats available to patrons.
· There will be no external speakers.
· No noise emanating from the building will be audible inside any residential properties in the vicinity.
· The licence holder shall ensure staff regularly collect litter from around the premises, including every day, immediately after closing time.
· No refuse will be collected from the premises between 22:00 and 08:00.
· No unaccompanied children will be allowed on the premises at any time.
· The premises will have an active and operational vulnerability policy.
The Committee added further conditions as set out below:
1. There will be no use of the external area for the consumption of food or drink after 22:00.
2. The external seated areas will be cleared of patrons at 22:00.
The Committee considered the content of the report, the oral representations of the applicant and associates including past and present employees, and the representations of the objectors and their representatives who attended the hearing as well as the written representations of all objectors set out in the report. The Committee also took into account the relevant legislation, guidance issued under s182 of the Licensing Act 2003 and the relevant case law as well as its own Licensing Policy.
The Committee noted that the application for Regulated entertainment had been withdrawn and therefore the Committee considered the effects of the licensable activities of sale of alcohol and late-night refreshment for the hours as amended on the promotion of the Licensing Objectives.
The Committee accepted that the applicant is an experienced and responsible operator. The Committee considered that the conditions put in place would prevent the Licensing Objectives from being undermined if those conditions were robustly applied.
Hooters Restaurant Appendix 8 relevant reps (end of rep 03.05.22)