Venue: The Salford Suite, Salford Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton M27 5DA.
Contact: Liz Wright, Senior Democratic Services Advisor
Introductions and Procedures
To hear an application for a premises licence for the following premises:
Name of premises: Weaste Hotel
Address of premises: Edward Avenue, Salford, M6 8DA
SCC Licensing Panel (Premises) – 22nd March 2023
Application for New Premises Licence – Weaste Hotel, Edwards Avenue, Salford M6 8DA.
Applicant: Shameer Roshan Salimjan
To grant the application subject to the following:
Monday to Sunday 24 hours
Supply of Alcohol
Monday to Saturday 10.00 – 23.00 hours
Sunday 12.00 – 23.00 hours
Recorded Music Hours
Monday to Sunday 10.00 – 23.00 hours
Conditions agreed with Environmental Health (EH) & Greater Manchester Police (GMP)
The following condition: -
“A direct telephone number for the manager of the premises shall be publicly available at all times the premises are open. This telephone number is to be made available to residents in the vicinity.”
The Panel noted:
· the Applicant had acquired the premises and looked to operate the hotel along similar lines to others that they owned in the Greater Manchester Area, with strict management in place to ensure that the licensing objectives were upheld.
· the hotel would be run on a professional basis and would only accept bookings in advance, usually via booking.com supported by valid ID.
· the Applicant had installed 5 security cameras to monitor the premises and indicated that they would arrange for training to be undertaken by accredited licensing training establishments for both new and existing staff.
· there would be background music played but no live music events.
· the agreement with EH for smoking arrangements.
· the dispersal policy to regulate guests leaving the hotel and reduce public disturbance to residents
· the representations from residents and considered them in detail.
· the robustness of the application and that it effectively demonstrated the steps that the premises would take to uphold the licensing objectives.
· agreement had been reached with the Responsible Authorities concerning the imposition of conditions to be added to the licence.
· an additional condition be added to the licence regarding a manager’s contact details who could be approached by residents should the need arise
· the Applicant had amended its application to significantly reduce the hours of licensable activities applied for (these would terminate at 2300 hours each day with last orders for the sale of alcohol being 10.30pm) and that this would go a long way to alleviating the concerns of the residents.