Venue: Microsoft Teams Meeting. View directions
Contact: Mike Relph, Senior Democratic Services Advisor
Apologies for absence
Salford City Council - Record of Decision
Reopening High Streets Safely Fund Salford
1. Approves the Council entering into a grant funding agreement with The Cities an Local Growth Unit (CLGU) for the receipt of a maximum sum of £230,071 in relation to the Reopening High Streets Safely (RHSS) Fund for Salford.
2. Give delegated authority to the Strategic Director Place, City Solicitor and Chief Finance Officer to negotiate and finalise the detailed financial, commercial and contractual arrangements in respect of the proposed grant from CLGU to the Council.
3. Authorise the Strategic Director Place to enter into and complete all necessary agreements or documents to give effect to the above recommendations.
The Reasons are: The Council has received a grant allocation of £230,071 from The Cities and Local Growth Unit (CLGU)as part of the Reopening High Streets Safely (RHSS) fund to support the safe reopening of high streets and other commercial areas by helping to establish safe trading environments for businesses and customers.
In order to draw down the grant from the Reopening High Streets Safely Fund a grant funding agreement is required to be entered into between the Council and CLGU for which approval is sought.
Procurement Advice obtained: Yes - There are no direct procurement
Implications arising from this proposal. Any procurement activity undertaken
as part of the delivery of the RHSS project will be undertaken in full compliance
with the Council’s Contractual Standing Orders and European Structural and
Investment Funds national procurement requirements.
HR Advice obtained: There are no HR implications arising from this proposal.
Climate Change Advice obtained: Yes - The purpose of the RHSS grant is to
support the safe reopening of high streets and other commercial areas by
helping to establish safe trading environments for businesses and customers.
As part of these activities residents will be asked to consider how they travel to
their local high streets and retail areas, and the use of active travel modes will
be promoted. Where possible environmental sustainability practices and
measures will be identified where appropriate through contracts to deliver the
The following documents have been used to assist the decision process.
· Sarah Heslop, Development Group Leader Tel No: 0161 686 7411
· Shaun Clydesdale, Project Co-Ordinator Tel No: 0161 793 3178
Declarations of interest
Items for Decision - Part 1 (Open to the Public)
Exclusion of the Public
Items for Decision - Part 2 (Closed to the Public)
Any other business