Salford City Council - Record of Decision
1. Approve the appointment of Eric Wright Civil Engineering Ltd at a cost of £236,808.27 to undertake the Parrin Lane/ Worsley Junction Improvement works.
2. Approve the creation of a purchase order to the value of £236,808.27 to Eric Wright Civil Engineering Ltd to enable payments to be made to the contractor.
3. Approve the creation of a purchase order to the value of £1,635.74 to Virgin Media Limited to enable payments to carry out utility alteration works.
4. Approve the creation of a purchase order to the value of £54,490.80 to Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) for the supply and installation of new traffic signal equipment.
5. Approve professional fees to the value of £14,777.59 for the supervision and management of the works on site.
6. Approve the 10% risk allocation to the value of £30,771.24, 10% of the total works costs.
A £150,000 Section 106 contribution was secured from Lidl as a condition of supporting the Planning Application for their new store at the nearby former Brown Cow public house site. The signed section 106 agreement requires that the contribution is directed solely towards highway and footpath improvement works at the junction between Worsley Road and Parrin Lane.
The proposed improvement works at the Parrin Lane/Worsley Lane Junction will significantly improve traffic movements and enhance the safety at the junction. The improved pedestrian facilities could encourage short journeys to be taken on foot as an alternative to the private car.
Invitations to tender under the Lot 2 Minor Civils Framework were conducted by issuing a mini competition to the six contractors. All six submitted a tender and based on the scoring criteria Eric Wright Civil Engineering limited received the highest score and was the most economically advantageous tender based on the quality and pricing assessment.
Not to award the contract
· Section 106 contribution - £150,000
· Block 3 Transport Capital Programme - £200,000
· Total - £350,000
Financial Advice obtained: Alison Woods, Finance Officer, (Capital)
Procurement Advice obtained: Heather Stanton, Category Manager ext. 6241
HR Advice obtained: N/A
Climate Change Advice obtained: Nicola Smithies / Mike Hemingway Ext.6070/3209
The following documents have been used to assist the decision process:
Report to Lead Member for Planning & Sustainable Development – 19th February 2019
Report to Lead Member for Planning & Sustainable Development – 23rd March 2020
Nicola Smithies, Principal Engineer, Salford City Council – Ext 6070
Nathan Williams, Engineering Technician, Salford City Council – Ext 4916
· The appropriate Scrutiny Committee to call-in the decision is the Growth and Prosperity Panel