Salford City Council - Record of Decision (CABINET)
1. Approve the Publication Salford Local Plan: Development Management Policies and Designations (Proposed Main Modifications Addendum and Proposed Additional Modifications Addendum) and the supporting background documents;
2. Agree that these documents be subject to a period for representations between 5 February 2021 and 19 March 2021; and
3. Delegate to the Strategic Director Place authority to approve the statement required pursuant to Section 20(3) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 and Regulation 22 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 and the provision of the city council’s response to the main issues raised in the representations which have been identified in this statement.
The Reasons are: To continue making progress in updating the city’s development management policies and designations, and provide an opportunity for the community and other stakeholders to make representations on proposed Modifications (as set out in an Addendum) to the Publication Salford Local Plan: Development Management Policies and Designations document before it is submitted to the Secretary of State for examination.
Options considered and rejected were: To not undertake consultation on the proposed modifications. However, this was rejected as this approach would be contrary to the Government’s Procedure Guide for Local Plan Examinations as published by the Planning Inspectorate in November 2020 (paragraph1.5), and would not allow the community and other stakeholders to have their say on the modifications.
Assessment of Risk: Low to medium. In order for the city council to be able to adopt the SLP:DMP, the document must be found sound when an independent examination of the document is carried out. To be sound a Local Plan must be positively prepared, justified, effective and consistent with national policy, and the city council must be able to demonstrate the soundness of the document to a Planning Inspector on this basis.
Undertaking an additional period of consultation has been advised by Leading Counsel and is in line with guidance from the Planning Inspectorate. This should reduce the risk associated with progressing the Local Plan towards adoption.
The source of funding is: Printing costs regarding addendum consultation to be met from existing budget, cost centre D4602 5702. Subsequent actions following publication / public consultation will incur other financial implications in future financial years. It is envisaged that these costs will be funded from the 20% Planning Income uplift.
Procurement Advice obtained: N/A
The following documents have been used to assist the decision process:
1a. Publication SLP:DMP Addendum (Main Modifications) – tracked changes version
1b. Publication SLP:DMP Addendum (Main Modifications) – accessible version
2a. Publication SLP:DMP Addendum (Additional Modifications) – tracked changes version
2b. Publication SLP:DMP Addendum (Additional Modifications) – accessible version
3. Updated Policies Map showing Modifications
4. Schedule of representations to the Publication SLP:DMP – plan order
5a. Schedule of representations to the Publication SLP:DMP – by respondent ID
5b. Schedule of representations to the Publication SLP:DMP – respondent ID documents
6. Statement of the main issues raised in the representations to the Publication SLP:DMP
7. Statement of Representations Procedure
8a. Assessment of Residential Viability Addendum – Main Report
8b. Assessment of Residential Viability Addendum – Technical Report containing Appendices
9. Community Impact Assessment Addendum
10a. Duty to Cooperate Compliance Statement Addendum – main report
10b. Duty to Cooperate Compliance Statement Addendum – annex 1
10c. Duty to Cooperate Compliance Statement Addendum – annex 2
11. Habitats Regulations Assessment Addendum
12. Health Impact Assessment Addendum
13. Statement of Common Ground update
14a. Sustainability Appraisal Addendum – main report
14b. Sustainability Appraisal Addendum – annexes
15. Briefing Note relating to: 1) Consultation Statement; 2) Planning Advisory Service Self-Assessment Toolkits; and 3) Infrastructure Delivery Plan
FOR DEMOCRATIC SERVICES USE ONLY